Direct School Admission (DSA)
2023 Direct School Admission (For 2024 Secondary 1 intake)
Building Character through Sports & Outdoor Adventure
Seng Kang Secondary School (SKSS) was awarded Niche Status to develop hockey as a niche sport in the school in May 2009. This award has been a culmination of many years of sustained achievement by the school’s various hockey teams in the national competitions. In 2014, our Niche status was converted into the Learning for Life Programme (LLP) - Building Character through Sports and Outdoor Adventure.
The school is looking for students with a strong passion for Sports and Outdoor Adventure. Students who have represented schools or clubs in competitions are strongly encouraged to apply.
DSA (Secondary) Talents Invited to Apply
School team players or its equivalent in Primary School for any of the following sports:
- Badminton (Boys & Girls)
- Basketball players (Boys & Girls)
- Hockey (Boys & Girls)
- Football (Boys)
- Netball (Girls)
LLP (Sports & Outdoor Adventure) Programmes
- Sports Leaders Programme
- Sports Science Programme
- O Level Exercise & Sports Science
- Sports Science & Outdoor Adventure Resilience (SOAR) Programme
- Outdoor Adventure Learning Programme
- Sports Fiesta / Sports Carnival
Go to LLP (Sports & Outdoor Adventure) for more details at https://www.sengkangsec.moe.edu.sg/curriculum/learning-for-life-programme-llp/
1. Application (4 May 2023, 11am to 31 May 2023, 3pm)
Application opens for all Primary Six Students, Returning Singaporeans, Permanent Residents and Foreign Students.
All applicants will apply for DSA-Sec through a centralised DSA-Sec Portal.
Please note the following regarding application through the centralised DSA-Sec Portal:
a. Accessing the DSA Portal.
· Applicants from MOE mainstream primary schools: Parent may log in directly to DSA-Sec Portal. Only one parent’s Singpass is required. Parents/ guardians who are unable to apply online can approach their child’s primary school for assistance.
· Other applicants not studying in MOE mainstream primary schools: They need to apply for a Registration Number (RGxxxxxxx) to access the DSA-Sec Portal. Schools may refer them to MOE website at: https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application.
b. Choices. Students can indicate up to three choices (maximum of two choices for the same school under two different talent areas)
c. Information to provide.
· Valid email address and local mobile number.
· Applicants studying in mainstream primary schools will have their primary school information shared directly with the DSA-Sec schools that they apply to. It is optional to indicate non-school-based activities and achievements.
Application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 4 May 2023, 11am to 31 May 2023, 3pm. For more details, please refer to MOE website - www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school and participate in the activities related to the talent they selected for from year 1-4.
2. Selection Criteria
Good track record of performance in relevant Sports CCA or relevant external competition.
have represented in zonal or national competitions.
be a member of Junior Sports Academy (JSA) or school team.
Primary 6 students who do not have relevant experience in school CCA or did not participate in any sporting competitions but demonstrate talent in sports or a keen interest in relevant sports will also be considered. Example: Active participation in relevant organised activities outside school such as Active SG Sports Academy, Junior Sports Academy etc.
Attributes: (Based on submitted documentation, Coaches/Teacher’s recommendation, trials and Interview). Character traits. Positive Learning attitude. Ability to work in a team.
Physical skills: (Technique, agility, speed), Sports Specific Skills & Game Play, Tactical awareness in game situations.
Others: Leadership Positions held in relevant CCA.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo e-mode interviews and performance tasks.
(Please note that meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted/given an offer.)
3. Selection Process (26 June onwards)
All shortlisted applicants will be informed of their trial dates and interview during this period. Selection will be made based on the following:
Part 1: Track records, relevant experiences, teachers and coaches’ recommendation Evidence of active participation and achievements in relevant sports through CCA records, certificate of participation, certificate of achievement or its equivalent. Video evidence (Optional) will also be considered if available.
Part 2: Sports Trials (Online Video Submission / F2F) for shortlisted candidates
Part 3: Interview for shortlisted candidates based on outcome of Sports Trials.
Details of the Sports trials and interview will be released at a later date. All shortlisted students are required to attend an interview. Only shortlisted students who applied via the MOE DSA (Sec) Portal will be considered. For more details, please go to www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec .
4. Only short-listed applicants are required to attend an interview by the Selection Panel from 10 July to 26 August 2023.
5. All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application by 11 September 2023 via email or post. Successful applicants’ primary schools will follow-up on other actions of the DSA exercise. Results of posting will be released on the day of the release of the PSLE results.
6. The application timeline for 2023 is summarised as follows:
Contact Persons for more enquiries:
· Dr Mohamed Ibrahim Aris (HOD PE/CCA) at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Ms Sandra Loke (School Admin Staff) Loke_Low_ying@moe.edu.sg
School Email Address: email@example.com, Office Tel: 63887258
SKSS LLP - Building Character through Sports & Outdoor Adventure
SKSS Sports & Outdoor Adventure Webpage
SKSS Sports Instagram
DSA-Sec Main Webpage
DSA-Sec School Finder